Insurance Valuation Certificates / Reinstatement Estimate for Insurance Purposes / Residential Insurance Certificates
Service: Provide insurance certificates for residential homes.
Why? To meet recent changes in the insurance market where insurance companies have shifted/changed home policy contracts to bring them more in line with commercial property insurance. Policies issued now have moved from an open ended full replacement to a “Total Sum”/”Agreed Sum” insured maximum specified amount.
Home Owners Need
Home owners must ensure they have sufficient cover in place to re-build the asset in the event of a total loss. This Total Sum Insured will include:
- Re-building the main home with an equivalent new home.
- Replacing/re-building other site improvements such as drives, fencing, patios, decks, garaging, pools etc.
- Other costs such as a professional fees, compliance costs, building consents and any possible demolition, debris removal and site clearance.
We offer an insurance certificate with a total reinstatement estimate to re-build with a new home and reinstate other improvements. We also provide inflation estimates through the insurance period, demolition/site clearance estimates and an indemnity value which is typically defined as the depreciated market value of the asset. Our Valuation team draw upon the latest data from our in-house Quantity Surveyors as well as the market in general to ensure the rates used for cost calculations are accurate and up to date.
In the Auckland and Wellington regions this will normally be carried out by our valuation team. In all other regions including Tauranga, Hamilton and Christchurch this work is carried out by our Quantity Surveyors.
We need to inspect, measure and fully review the property to accurately determine its full replacement value and ensure sufficient cover is in place to re-build the asset.
- Where a conventional full valuation is completed at the same time, the insurance estimate will be undertaken at a discounted fee which will be quoted
- Where a conventional full valuation is completed at the same time the insurance valuation will be discounted by $150
- Due to the special construction requirements in the Canterbury region, this work will be undertaken by a Quantity Surveyor. We will provide a quote on a case by case basis.
Tauranga and Hamilton Regions
- This service is provided by our Quantity Surveyors and we will be happy to provide you with a quote based on your individual property.
All other Regions
- We provide this service to other regions of New Zealand. A quote can be provided, however, due to travel considerations standard rates do not apply
Our standard Terms and Conditions apply.